This is an interesting and insightful question and something that we have given a great deal of thought to. Similar to how revalidation for nurses is meant to provide the public with confidnece about nurses. How can we as a free nursing revalidation portfolio provider gain the confidence and trust of nurses? What is our ethos ?
There are a few points that are essential:
- The revalidaiton e – portfolio provider should be very clear as to who has underlying ownsership of the data.
- The portfolio provider should allow access to the data owner at all times.
- The security and safety of the data should be guaranteed by the revalidation portfolio provdier.
- The data generator’s responsibility should include ownership of the data and any changes made to it.
What is the ethos of the UK’s only free revalidation portfolio?
We are proud to say that integrity, honesty and openness are paramount to our ethos pyramid.
The following are the core principles which govern Nurse Tools.
- Nurse Tools is a private and independent nursing revalidation portfolio designed to be used only by UK nurses and midwives.
- Nurse Tools has no affiliation with any drug company.
- The data a user enters on Nurse Tools is the user’s data. Only the user has access to it.
- Nurse Tools will never send out uncolicited emails or use any email data that has been entered by the user.
- Nurse Tools will never sell a member’s contact information.
- It is the user’s responsibility not to store any patient identifiable information on Nurse Tools.
- Nurse Tools is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Data Protection Act 1988 Reference number: ZA163547
What does this mean for you?
It means that we are open and honest about the service we provide and you as a user should have no reservations or doubts when using Nurse Tools as your revalidation portfolio. We do not lock you in to any contract and we do not force you to use the revalidation portfolio in a strict regimented manner.
You are essentially free to use our revalidation portfolio as little or as much as you like to aid you in the process of revalidation.
We are always open to suggestions and your feedback.